The ScoutMakes Azul is an open source Bluetooth (BLE) development platform featuring the nRF52840 (32bit ARM Cortex-M4 processor) from Nordic semiconductors enabling excellent Bluetooth development capabilities for your project. It confirms to the Adafruit feather format, runs CircuitPython, Arduino. The platform also has native USB support.
To enable even more integration, a 128×32 OLED is also built in along with USB type-C support and a power switch for ease of use.
The platform come pre-programmed with a UF2 bootloader and CircuitPython ready to go out of box. You can pair the Azul with Adafruit bluefruit application in iOS or Android to get going. The application includes a color picker, quaternion/accelerometer/gyro/magnetometer or location (GPS), and an 8-button control game pad. This data can be read over BLE and processed directly by the nRF52 microcontroller.
Lipoly battery and MicroUSB cable not included.
- Cortex M4F (with HW floating point acceleration) running at 64MHz
- Raytac MDBT50Q-1MV2 BLE module. FCC / IC / TELEC certified module
- 1MB flash and 256KB SRAM
- Native Open Source USB stack – pre-programmed with UF2 bootloader and CircuitPython
- 128×32 OLED display
- USB type-C
- On/off power switch
- Bluetooth Low Energy compatible 2.4GHz radio (Details available in the nRF52840 product specification)
- BT5.1 & BT5 Bluetooth Specification Certified
- Supports BT5 Long Range Feature
- 1.7v to 3.3v operation with internal linear and DC/DC voltage regulators
- 21 GPIO, 6 x 12-bit ADC pins, up to 12 PWM outputs (3 PWM modules with 4 outputs each)
- Pin #3 red LED for general purpose blinking,
- Programmable NeoPixel for colorful feedback
- 4 mounting holes
- Reset button
- Works out of the box with Adafruit feather wings.
- Open source design.